PDA

View Full Version : WHAT;S your plan for 2012

southern
31-12-2011, 05:48 PM
i want to build a MLV. plus a class 74 by DC kit's . got to finish my 2EPB emu and 2H demu first.:(

Event Horizon
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, hello.:D

I'm new to modelling railways and I'm planning on building a '00' layout of 'Croft' which is a village right next to Europes deepest quarry hole.
The quarry was E.C.C when I worked there in the late 80's and I lived next to the railway in the 70s, it's the Leicester to Birmingham line and with It's sidings, yards etc, it seems as good a place as any to start.

Got a Railway model shop in the village and the Great Central Railway in the next.:D

Flashbang
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Event Horizon
Welcome to the forum.
Do keep us updated of your layout build.

alfaz-di-pi
07-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi Event Horizon, welcome to the forum. You are fortunate to have 1st hand experience of the time you want to model, and also blessed with a local model shop. I look forward to seeing how your layout develops.

Regards
Albert.

Event Horizon
07-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Event Horizon, welcome to the forum. You are fortunate to have 1st hand experience of the time you want to model, and also blessed with a local model shop. I look forward to seeing how your layout develops.

Regards
Albert.

Thanks, I can remember as a kid counting the carraiges (BR Blue) at the bootom of the garden, also the DMUs,( I thinks that's what there called) the class 37s hauling huge rakes of wagons ,including the ECC Granite from the quarry. Also the Rolls Royce shunter in the sidings. Great memories.

Thanks Albert, Hi Event Horizon
Welcome to the forum.
Do keep us updated of your layout build.

Thanks, will do.

:)

BerkshireBugsy
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I am hoping to extend my sons trackmat layout by adding pack d, buying R8217 and then packs e and f,then bite the bullet and go digital...oh and win the lottery!

Note the order of the above events may need to be changed somewhat:)