PDA

View Full Version : I need advice please.

pete
29-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Good afternoon. I wonder if anyone on here can help me please.
On Thursday I "picked up" a box full of what was described as "Toy train rubbish" !
Anyway before I paid 3 for the box, I had a quick look inside and I noticed some interesting old items which looked ok and true enough when I got the box home, I found some old Hornby Dublo trucks which were in perfect condition, not mint, but not broken or scrap either.Definately worth more than 3 for the box.

Now also in the box was two Triang "TPO"s, both of them were damaged, the bodies are ok, but it is the bogies which are the problem, one is worse than the other, so I will not throw them away I want to make one good one out of the two and this is where I need the advice, because when Triang made them, they made them well and to remove the bogies I am finding very difficult, they are held in by a what looks like a brass piece which goes up into the floor.
What is the best way to get that out and to put other bogies on, I have got some spare bogies from more modern coaches etc.
I am not one for throwing away things if I think I can make something of them, but I must admit I am finding it difficult to remove the Triang bogies.

Anyone any ideas please ?

Thank you,

Pete.

southern
29-11-2008, 07:28 PM
hi you have got cut off the old rivet and replace with new fixings. you can get these from east kent models they keep all spares in stock for hornby and triang call them on 01227 770777 .and tell what you want.mim order is 6.00 they also do a parts list 30 pages in all

pete
29-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Brilliant, thanks for that information.
I will do it Monday morning.

Are they online please ?

Pete

southern
30-11-2008, 05:07 PM
hi pete. no they are not online.

Mountain Goat
10-11-2016, 12:16 AM
The only way is to cut the brass hollow rivit and find a nut and bolt or something to replace the digit. If you use a nut and bolt put two nuts to lock them so they don't fall off.

Captain Bubble
10-11-2016, 07:25 AM
If there is not enough clearance for 2 nuts I suggest a tiny drop of Loctite 243 Releasable Theadlocker. It will hold tight, but can be separated again later if needed.

Walkingthedog
10-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Hey you two this post is eight years old. Bit late to reply :D

Mountain Goat
10-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Oh. I got carried away last night in reading old posts. Must have been tired. Some are quite interesting.

Captain Bubble
10-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Oops, I just saw the new post in BOLD and added my ha'pennyworth!

Steve M
10-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Oops, I just saw the new post in BOLD and added my ha'pennyworth!

Easily done CB, but there are too many old threads being resurrected recently.
Imho they are great for reference purposes and the use of the search facility should be applauded but they don't require additional comment.:)