Thread: 0-16.5 Track
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #3
narrowgauge26

narrowgauge26 is on a distinguished road
Default re - 0-16.5 track

Many thanks Mountain Goat, your track certainly looks impressive, though I cannot run my rolling stock round those curves! If the baseboard is 24" wide, then the radius must be around 10.5". I am currently working on a minimum of 30" and above, otherwise the locos will fall off 😖. I have only three locos, none of which are finished (truth be told, two are still in their boxes untouched)
I have on the bench a part built Slaters Leek & Manifold 2-6-4, and boxed an Alan Gibson Lynton & Barnstaple 2-6-2, and as Christmas present this year I was lucky to get my favourite the Dorset Kits Welshpool &Llanfair 0-6-0, none of which will negotiate anything less than 30" so I have been led to belive wrightly or wrongly.
I will have a bash with some code 100 rail I found in the loft over the weekend and see how I get on. I will post some photos if it works out.
Just a quick though, what sleeper spacing did you use? I was thinking around 33" between centres. And what gap did you use between parallel tracks?
narrowgauge26 is offline   Reply With Quote