Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Specific Gauge Topics > Z Scale

Z Scale Z scale and smaller model railway topics

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #41
Chris
Administrator

Chris is on a distinguished road

Dear Friends,

It's been a bit of a struggle over the last few days, what with electrical faults and sundry minor annoyances, but I've managed to post daily updates with a few images now added. Not the world's most interesting except, possibly, for the bird's eye view (less bridge 'cos it would fall off) which is even now a bit out of date. Still, I am progressing at a steady pace and all will be ready for Friday.
All the best,
Chris.

Home Page Breitenfurt - Ost Diary
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
Chris
Administrator

Dear Friends,
Just a short note. The layout is all ready for it trip to the Dundee expo tomorrow. I took a few photos shortly before and after closing it up. Sadly they didn't come out too well; I don't think the auto focus was working properly. Still they do give an idea of where I am at.
All the best,
Chris.

Old 21-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #43
Chris
Administrator

Dear Friends,

The Dundee expo went really well with very few spontaneous derailments and coupling failures. I did do a few rear-enders though! Several people opined, on the basis of plenty of detail and the tiny size of the trains, that Breitenfurt was the best layout there. (Smug feeling.) No awards tho'. I'm just about back down to earth.

I've put up three photos of the layout on my diary/blog. Some more will be available later but they won't be very good as the autofocus AND exposure controls were both misbehaving. I think it's something that I am doing, but don't know what. Anyway, do have a look.

All the best,
Chris.

Old 17-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #44
Chris
Administrator

Dear Friends,

Latest exhibition (Elgin Modelfair, last weekend) passed without too many problems!

However, a while ago I was asked if I had any videos of Bahnhof Breitenfurt – Ost to which I replied 'No' as I didn't have a video camera. However, a friend of mine, Gerry Coogan, came to see the layout at the Elgin MRC exhibition and took a few ad hoc videos which are now on Youtube. Rather than clutter up the forum with a load of links, I have set up a draft webpage with the necessary links on my site. You can see it at http://trains.manvell.org.uk/exhibit...gin/videos.htm . It's a bit of a mess but I will tidy it up later. Note: currently there are no internal links to this page, only the one above. That will be remedied later.

All the best,
Chris.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #45
Chris
Administrator

Hi Everybody.

At last something to report!

The platform lighting, with one exception, is complete and working; the footbridge is now complete and fixed in place (with lighting) and the houses all have internal lighting. It looks very pretty. So the next step was to take some photographs, but to be able to do this I had to move the layout to another room (also necessary to get it ready for an exhibition on the 17th & 18th) and start experimenting with camera settings. My aim was to improve on the effects I got at the end of 2010 (see my layout diary). I'm not there yet but have put my first photo on my website diary. It's not quite right but I like it so do have a look.

With best wishes,
Chris.

PS. I am going to move this thread over to "My Layout" as it seems more appropriate for it to be there. Any matters (other than this layout) pertaining to Z scale can still be posted here in the Z Scale area.

Old 27-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
Chris
Administrator

Dear friends,

With nothing in the offing and with other things occupying my time Breitenfurt Ost sort of got pushed to one side for several months. Then, like London buses, three expo invitations came at once. (Well,, not quite. One was in the offing in October but 2 weeks ago two invites landed in my inbox within minutes of each other! One month to get things sorted (panic). About the only thing I had done was to lay chippings between a few of the tracks and now I discovered that a mix of inexperience and with only one good eye I had managed to get the grit into point motors and train detectors. Anyway, the whole sorry story and more is on my website (usual address).
In case anyone is in the north of Scotland (some hopes), the first expo is in Inverness on 8th & 9th September. More info on my website.

With best wishes,
Chris.

Old 28-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #47
alfaz-di-pi

alfaz-di-pi is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris hope you get it all sorted out. I am afraid that Inverness is just a bit too far to go to see a model rail exhibition.

Albert.
alfaz-di-pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #48
Chris
Administrator

Hi Albert.
Yes, a tad too far. However I will be down your way on October 14th for Zedex at Kingston Bagpuize (or Bagpuss as I call it!) near Oxford. Details on my website as usual.

Things are coming together enough for the exhibition as I tend just to do tail chasing being a lone exhibitor. I have some hopes of seeing one or two forum members down there. It's only one day so will probably take a lot less trains tho'.

All the best,
Chris.

Old 28-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #49
alfaz-di-pi

alfaz-di-pi is on a distinguished road

How do you get there, by car or van.

Albert.
alfaz-di-pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #50
Chris
Administrator

Hi Albert.
I'll be coming down by car (two seats removed and one pushed forward as far it can go!). The drive to Kingston Bagpuize is about 10:20 plus stops so I'm not sure if I will do it in one day or two. (I'm 70 and am not used to motorway and urban driving, not to mention long journeys. It's all very quiet up here.)

All the best,
Chris.