Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Track Layout & Design

Track Layout & Design Help with designing your track work

Old 19-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Mixy is on a distinguished road
Default SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hello dear friends,

I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from Link to SCARM software

I will appreciate any comments concerning SCARM here or by email

Mixy
from Bulgaria

Last edited by Flashbang; 05-08-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Reinstatement of URLs
Mixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
MEARES58

MEARES58 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixy View Post
Hello dear friends,

I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from Link to SCARM software

Mixy
from Bulgaria
Hi Mixy My name is Chris and I am new to the world of model railways and their layouts and so needed as much help as I could get. I came across your site and found it to be very easy to follow and extremely useful to a novice like me, It has saved me hours and hours of stumbling through the mountains, of intricate and difficult to understand, information that is out there. My layout is underway and as a thank you to you for your time, effort and dedication I would like to make a small donation to a charity that you support. Please let me know if this is acceptable to you and if it is the name of the charity. Many thanks Chris from England
MEARES58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Thank you, Chris,

I will send you PM later this evening.

Next week there are national holidays in Bulgaria, so I will have more time to work over SCARM. Check the site regularly for new versions and updates

Mixy,
from Bulgaria

P.S. The forum does not allow me to send private messages and I have no right to post links about SCARM. So please contact me by the email from SCARM documentation or trough SCARM page in Facebook.

Last edited by Mixy; 26-02-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Can't send private messages for now.
Old 31-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Lightbulb New version SCARM 0.9.18 is out

Hello all

The new version 0.9.18 of SCARM is ready and published on SCARM webpage

It contains many improvements and updates, together with some important bugfixes. See the list with the most important changes in this version in the dedicated SCARM Blog post.

This release should also fix one known issue – empty snapshots in 3D viewing mode, seen on some PCs. If somebody have met this bug, please update SCARM and try the snapshot feature again - it should work now.

SCARM is extensively tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 in all 32 and 64-bit versions. However, I am unable to perform full tests on Windows 8. If you have PC, running under Windows 8, please install SCARM on it and tell me how it works.

I am continuing the development of SCARM and the next version will bring more new and updated features

Mixy

P.S. If "Check for Updates" feature in SCARM 0.9.17 reports that there is no newer version of the program, download the installer directly from the website. The old version info file may be cached on your PC and it will need some time that cache to expire.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Hello again,

The new version 0.9.21 of SCARM is ready and published on SCARM webpage

It comes with new features, new and updated libraries, some bugfixes and many improvements. The most important new feature is flex-track automatic point-to-snap-and-join function with auto shaped curvature. Also, SCARM should now be able to display Parts List in Windows 8 without tweaking of the system.

See more about this update in the last SCARM Blog post. There is also a short demo clip, showing how fast is now flex-track auto connect feature.

I hope that you will like the new version of SCARM and also hope that next one will come soon

Mixy

P.S. If "Check for Updates" feature in earlier SCARM release reports that there is no newer version of the program, download the installer directly from the website. The old version info file may be cached on your PC and it will need some time that cache to expire.

P.P.S. Remember, that SCARM is still in beta stage of development and sometimes may not work as expected. Always create archives of your layouts and save changes in a given track plan with incremental files (just in case) named like “plan_1.scarm”, “plan_2.scarm”, and so on. Please report any bugs and/or unexpected error messages with a short explanation how, when and where in the program they occurs here or at SCARM e-mail.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 8 - feedback

Hi Mixy, just to let you know that my PC (running W8) found and downloaded the update sucessfully . The "parts list" issue still remains (as per our previous conversation via e-mail in that I am unable to print a list of parts, or find an App, as suggested by W8). Hopefully this can be in a future update. Keep up the good work though it is a fantastic piece of software and I know used by many. Just out of interest do you know how many downloads there have been (internationally and just the UK)? Regards, Roger
RogerB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Hello Roger,

Thank you for your response. I thought that the Parts List problem in Windows 8 should be solved with this update...

What is happening when pressing F1 key in SCARM on Windows 8? Is it showing the offline documentation page of SCARM? I will probably mail you again for more info.

About the download statistics - there are about 110-120 downloads each day Most are form US locations, UK is on second place followed by Germany and Italy.

Mixy
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

Hi Mixy - have sent PM with response (which you should be able to recieve now with 10 posts) and my e-mail address. R-
RogerB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
Aliktren

Aliktren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixy View Post
Hello dear friends,

Mixy
from Bulgaria
great program, used it today and thought it was excellent, however, would it be possible to make the track draggable ?, I get you can use the start point, but that was quite fiddly. That was my only feedback for improvement, otherwise really awesome program
Aliktren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
Mixy
Author of SCARM

Hello Aliktren,

Hold Ctrl and drag selected track (or track route, objects, figures, etc.) with the left mouse button or use "Move" command from the context menu. See more about working with SCARM in FAQ section of the site.

Mixy