Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Modelling Techniques - Show and Tell

Modelling Techniques - Show and Tell Your place to show and describe in detail and with photos how you produced a specific item of modelling. Rolling stock, Building, Scenery or something else related.

Old 18-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #11
whizzo

whizzo is on a distinguished road

Hi again - sorry I think I have misled you ,what I am trying to do -- a guy in usa uses a static field generator 15 kv but 12volt dc to make his own static grass applicator for about 20 bucks - his site ios on youtube - or some idea how to make one using bits from the uk thanks again regards Dave
whizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 10:17 PM   #12
Paul1066

Paul1066 is on a distinguished road

Dave, I think you mean a negative ion generator? Runs off 12V and generates the static field see link below.

I built my own grass applicator and I guess it cost about 5-6 to make excluding the 12v power supply, basically I needed a negative ion generator, a switch, a metal kitchen sieve, a plastic container with clip on lid and a bit of pipe (and a 12v power supply that I already had). To be honest, for 15 (see flashbang's links) I'd buy a new one given the time it takes to make one but if you're set on building one, it's quite easy to make. I followed Luke Towan's method on YouTube.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Cleane...cAAOSwuxFYuiee

https://youtu.be/8gYmeRaaaL8

Last edited by Paul1066; 18-04-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Paul1066 is offline   Reply With Quote