Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Product Review

Product Review A place to give open and honest reviews of new or older model railway related products. Please observe forum rule 6 when posting.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #21
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot
 
Walkingthedog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HAZLEMERE, Bucks
Posts: 9,624
Walkingthedog is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree John but I reckon we all have the odd loco that is odd.
__________________
NURSE,the screens!
Walkingthedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #22
Footplate1947
Eternal Optimist
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cumbria and Scotish boarder.
Posts: 1,882
Footplate1947 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
I agree John but I reckon we all have the odd loco that is odd.
Dont know about the odd one I have several
__________________
I may be wrong as I very often am. John
Footplate1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #23
mijj
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 499
mijj is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
Any, itís a Southern loco.
Thanks WTD, they do catch my eyes. I'm uhmimng and ahhing about it and SWMBO's no help, in fact most discouraging .
Jim.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #24
Walkingthedog
Part time idiot
 
Walkingthedog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HAZLEMERE, Bucks
Posts: 9,624
Walkingthedog is on a distinguished road
Default

I think I may one, only trouble is which one.
__________________
NURSE,the screens!
Walkingthedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #25
mijj
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 499
mijj is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingthedog View Post
I think I may one, only trouble is which one.
Perhaps it's eeny meeny miny mo time . I am attracted to the blue coloured one but it is heritage line specific .
Jim.
mijj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #26
Pedros
Junior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 10
Pedros is on a distinguished road
Default

steam shunters, huh? I would agree that an 0-6-0 is always going to be more capable and reliable than an 0-4-0. To keep yourself in the mainstream, where there are a good lot of choices, I'd probably go for a J94 (Austerity saddle tank) or a Jinty. More than one firm manufactures them, they have always been popular and so there's also some good second hand choices if you want to go that way and although not totally universal as regards location, there's a good choice of different liveries. Of course all depends on what you are trying to portray as to whether they are suitable.
Pedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #27
oncomin5torm
Senior Member
 
oncomin5torm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Little Neston
Posts: 145
oncomin5torm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedros View Post
steam shunters, huh? I would agree that an 0-6-0 is always going to be more capable and reliable than an 0-4-0. To keep yourself in the mainstream, where there are a good lot of choices, I'd probably go for a J94 (Austerity saddle tank) or a Jinty. More than one firm manufactures them, they have always been popular and so there's also some good second hand choices if you want to go that way and although not totally universal as regards location, there's a good choice of different liveries. Of course all depends on what you are trying to portray as to whether they are suitable.
Thanks to the guys on here and some research of my own I have found that an 0-6-0 is an appropriate steam shunter, as Pedros said it depends on the region your modelling, for me a Jinty is perfect as its ex-LMS regions, but the J94 might be more appropriate for you.
__________________
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man.
Let history make it's own judgments.
oncomin5torm is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.