Model Railway Forum

Go Back   Model Railway Forum > Model Railway Construction > Wiring & Electronics > DCC

Old 06-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #21
Teedoubleudee

Teedoubleudee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
Thanks Roger, I've printed out the page with the cct diagram and resistor values. I've got a couple of spare 2200uF caps I bought for my brake van mod. Think I'll get one of these and do some experimenting. Fitting the cap in the loco bodies will be my biggest challenge as I only have 0-4-0 1nd 0-6-0s, and I don't like to see anything in the driving cab other than crew! To save further hijacking of this thread I'll report back in my own. Could be a few days yet as I'm still recovering from man flu annd haven't touched the layout in over a week
Teedoubleudee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #22
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

No problem - man flu can be highly incapacitating! I just had an e-mail from the UK distributor about the 2amp peak version (860014). He says he is keen to get it onto the UK market himself but they are only just now being produced by the manufacturer - but he anticipates they will still be 10. R-
Old 06-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #23
cal646

cal646 is on a distinguished road

hi Tdd yes i got comformation the blue and black cable are for a stay alive capasitor which has pleased me but now also causes me a a headache as i need to move the decoder from the cramped tender into the empty main body and so to a bit of a wiring conumdrum, how do i get the minimum four cables across the pin and plate connector of the loco and tender? has any one else encountered this and how did you solve it?
cal646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #24
cal646

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedoubleudee View Post
Thanks Roger, I've printed out the page with the cct diagram and resistor values. I've got a couple of spare 2200uF caps I bought for my brake van mod. Think I'll get one of these and do some experimenting. Fitting the cap in the loco bodies will be my biggest challenge as I only have 0-4-0 1nd 0-6-0s, and I don't like to see anything in the driving cab other than crew! To save further hijacking of this thread I'll report back in my own. Could be a few days yet as I'm still recovering from man flu annd haven't touched the layout in over a week

i missed a couple pages it seems after my last post i would not mind your inputs on this decoder should you get one as my hornby select and my lack of knowledge on cv's and all the pros and cons of them ,is incapable of giving the decoder a good review and will help me when i can afford to upgrade from the select

Last edited by cal646; 06-03-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: missing content
Old 06-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #25
RogerB

RogerB is on a distinguished road

I've ordered one Cal646 - and will compare it against the Hatton's 10 one and let you know. R-
Old 06-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #26
cal646

nice one roger, i didnt realise hattons did one for the same price i wired it up last nite and have yet to test it out first i must push pizza into my face, then work out the wiring from main loco body to tender
Old 06-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #27
Teedoubleudee

Presuming the loco and tender will always be married to each other you could just take the wires across, I've done this on a loco/autocoach coupling. However, if you have the room for mounting at either end, I would suggest you use a miniature plug and socket like these.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:55 PM   #28
Teedoubleudee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
I've ordered one Cal646 - and will compare it against the Hatton's 10 one and let you know. R-
I also ordered one today Roger and will do a similar testing. It would be interesting to compare notes later..
Old 07-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #29
cal646

ok a issue has arrisen when placed on the track the loco jumps forward of its own accord it can be programmed but it doesnt move it just keeps jumping forward it wont go in reverse i tried changing speed steps nothin, any ideas? my wiring is correct red and black to track orange and grey to motor all other wires have heat shrink on! could this be a cv issue which i cant solve yet!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #30
Teedoubleudee

Was it running OK on analogue?