Welcome to the Model Railway Forum.
Please post only items of model railway or other related interest items.

NOTE: Users of the forum prior to September 2018 must re register with a User Name and Password.
Old pre Sept.'18 log in details will not work.

Montgreenan

Dedicated area to show the community your model railway projects.
bulleidboy

Re: Montgreenan

Post by bulleidboy »

Hi Richard - the picture of the cottage was impressive - so I hope you don't mind but I copied it. I have an N gauge one up in the hills - it is now partially "creeper" clad. Barry
Tomorrow will be a good day. - Capt.Sir Tom Moore
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Excellent modelling and photos. Love the cottage scene. What did you use for the red foliage?
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

cheshire lines wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:35 pm Excellent modelling and photos. Love the cottage scene. What did you use for the red foliage?
The red foliage ( and in fact most of the foliage) is from Tajima miniatures ( www. Tajimal1) and is the Tall Flowers Lupins etc (TM40) in Scarlet colour....... really impressed with the service and quality from these guys with whom I have no relationship other than that of a satisfied repeat customer.

Cheers - Richard
Last edited by Hound Dog on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Thanks Richard.
Hound Dog

Post by Hound Dog »

Having felt a bit like Dr Beeching by ripping up track, the rework of the west end approach to Montgreenan station is well underway and so there is absolutely no going back now, as the pictures show.........it is testimony to my ballasting that this has been a pig of a job to do and there have been a few breakages along the way.

I have decided to not only improve the alignment into and out of the 3 sets of curved points, but to also remodel the routing, so that movements can cross-over and directly access both the Down and branch line when departing in a westerly direction from Platforms 3 and 4, the Parcel depot and also the distant MPD and freight yard ( all will become clearer when I re-lay the track)........previously this routing was not possible and traffic would have to go down the Up line for some distance before being able to switch over to the Down line, and do a full circuit of the layout before being able to access the branch line.

I am awaiting delivery of a new r/h curved point and also a double slip, but hope to have everything trial fitted this weekend.........actual wiring and repositioning of three, and fitment of two new point motors might take sometime longer.

Hope everybody is safe and well, and enjoying their trains - cheers Richard
Attachments
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG (3.14 MiB) Viewed 426 times
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 426 times
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG (3.16 MiB) Viewed 426 times
Chops

Post by Chops »

bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you have finished. I don't think I'll ever be ripping up the track - unless I was starting again from scratch - which is highly unlikely. Barry
Tomorrow will be a good day. - Capt.Sir Tom Moore
Bandit Mick

Post by Bandit Mick »

Can be a bit upsetting ripping up previous work but when you know it will lead to improvements it’s worth it - it’s just taking the plunge that’s difficult.