Please Help!

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!
glencairn
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Both sides of the Border
Contact:

Please Help!

#1

Post by glencairn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:03 am

Please help. I need advice from the 'Romantics' on this Forum.

For Valentine's Day do I give my lovely wife 6, 12 or 24 roses?


Or do I give her the tin?

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.

User avatar
Walkingthedog
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:51 pm
Location: HAZLEMERE, BUCKS.
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#2

Post by Walkingthedog » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am

Pretty obvious really. Give her the tin, let her choose her favourites then you have the rest.


Seriously I think 6 is sufficient. Let us know when hospital visiting times are.
Nurse, the screens!

User avatar
yelrow
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Burgandy, France
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#3

Post by yelrow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

I bought heather a DIYKit, 2roses and a large bag of manure. i did the gentlemanly thing though, i planted them.t

glencairn
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Both sides of the Border
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#4

Post by glencairn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:43 am

yelrow wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am
I bought heather a DIYKit, 2roses and a large bag of manure. i did the gentlemanly thing though, i planted them.t

Walkingthedog wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am
Pretty obvious really. Give her the tin, let her choose her favourites then you have the rest.


Seriously I think 6 is sufficient. Let us know when hospital visiting times are.

Looking at yelrow's post I think both of us would end up in hospital. :lol:

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.

User avatar
yelrow
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Burgandy, France
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#5

Post by yelrow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 am

No, heather was delighted. They were special David Austin gold roses h to celebrate our Golden Wedding.

glencairn
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am
Location: Both sides of the Border
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#6

Post by glencairn » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am

yelrow wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 am
No, heather was delighted. They were special David Austin gold roses h to celebrate our Golden Wedding.
Ah! Lovely roses they are too. We have them in our garden also. :D

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are the world
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.

User avatar
Mr Bones
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm
Location: Canterbury Area
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#7

Post by Mr Bones » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 pm

glencairn wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:03 am
Please help. I need advice from the 'Romantics' on this Forum.

For Valentine's Day do I give my lovely wife 6, 12 or 24 roses?


Or do I give her the tin?

Glencairn
The way to really impress her is to tell her you're constantly thinking abut her figure ;)
Then eat all the Roses and just give her the wrappers :D
That's what I did for my first wife :shock:
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!

User avatar
yelrow
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Burgandy, France
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#8

Post by yelrow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Is there a clue in that?.

User avatar
Mr Bones
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm
Location: Canterbury Area
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#9

Post by Mr Bones » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:23 pm

Do you know, I think you're right. This time then I'll just give her the empty tin :lol:
And the Lord said unto John “Come forth and receive eternal life”, but John came fifth and won a toaster!

User avatar
Walkingthedog
Posts: 2591
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:51 pm
Location: HAZLEMERE, BUCKS.
Contact:

Re: Please Help!

#10

Post by Walkingthedog » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Think you may end up wearing it.
Nurse, the screens!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests